What causes Dandruff? How can it be treated ?
Body’s general health is directly reflective on the hair and skin. Weather changes, diet alterations, stress levels, hormonal ups and downs and a lot more factors come into play when it comes to texture of hair and suppleness of the skin. When talking about scalp care, dandruff is one of the most frequent conditions faced by majority. While some deal with oily dandruff, others have a hard time keeping the dry flakes off. Malassezia is a yeast-like fungus that breeds on the scalp and consumes fat (or oil). When present in a high concentration, Malassezia tends to consume the oil generated by hail follicles for maintaining a moisture balance in the scalp. This causes excessive dryness of the scalp. Since the skin cells die on a faster rate than of which they can be renewed, the dead cells fall off. These club in together with oil on scalp, moisture in the air and form flakes which eventually leads to excessive itching. Dandruff can be treated effectively with natural herbs and essential oils. Use of chemical-based shampoos can further aggravate the dryness, thereby increasing chances of a relapse. Regular oiling and cleansing with a proper anti-dandruff shampoo containing a perfect mix of exfoliating and moisturizing agents will help attain the oil balance in the scalp helping get rid off dandruff.
Tea Tree Oil and how is it effective against dandruff ?
Tea Tree Oil is known for it’s oil balancing and cleansing properties. It gently seeps through the layers of the scalp, regulating the sebaceous glands secretion thereby treating dandruff from its root cause- oil. With tea tree oil, one can ensure a cleansed and thoroughly moisturized scalp, thanks to tea tree oil being an essential non-pore clogging oil that provides nourishment while exfoliating at the same time.
Certified Organic by UK Certification Pvt Ltd
- A complete hair and scalp tonic, this complex disinfects the scalp, treats AND prevents dandruff, while nourishing the hair. Lemon’s astringency further tightens the hair follicles, strengthening the roots and preventing hair-fall. And the tea tree extract, in this formulation, moisturizes dry hair, making it shinier and softer. Active Ingredients : Lemon Extract, Tea Tree Extract
- How is Lemon beneficial in fighting dandruff ? Extracted in its concentrated juice form, Lemon is nature’s answer to dandruff. Being highly acidic in nature, lemon exfoliates excess oil on the scalp which houses the fungus and dirt. Stubborn dandruff can be treated well with a regular Lemon juice wash so as to keep the scalp clean and oil-free.
- Lemon juice is anti-bacterial in nature. This helps in preventing microbial activity on the scalp thereby preventing dandruff. Harsh chemicals, extreme temperatures and wind rip off the natural moisture from hair. Lemon helps in maintaining the pH balance of the scalp so as to keep it guarded against external stimuli.
- Rich in Vitamin C, Lemon Juice Extract keeps the scalp healthy and facilitates the proper regulation of oil by sebaceous glands, strengthening hair follicles and prevents hair fall and premature greying. Lemon extracts bring about that dazzling shine.
- Product is free from toxic chemical Free from Sulphate & Parben 100% Natural Product Made in India