Cassia Obovata, also known as senna (neutral henna): Mixing Cassia Obovata for healthy hair:-Mix powder with warm or hot water and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Make sure your mixture is like pancake batter.-Apply the cassia paste onto clean hair that is either dry or damp. Apply mixture in layers starting from the back and moving forward.-Wrap your hair and leave on for at least an hour.-Rinse or wash paste out.Mixing Cassia Obovata for golden tones:-Mix powder with warm or hot water and let sit for 3-4 hours. Make sure your mixture is like pancake batter.-Apply the cassia paste onto clean hair that is either damp or dry. Apply mixture in layers starting from the back and moving forward.-Wrap your hair and leave on for at least 3-4 hours.-Rinse or wash paste out. Cassia for Colouring: For golden tones and strawberry blonde tones To achieve golden tones on light blonde to light brown hair, mix Organic Cassia Obovata powder with something acidic such as tap water with a little squirt of lemon juice in it, Chamomile Tea (this is the best for golden tones) or Hibiscus Tea (this is best for strawberry blonde tones). Add 1TBS Aloe Powder and honey per 100g Cassia Obovata powder. The dye release is important if you’re wanting to add golden/strawberry tints to you hair. Let the Cassia release from 3-4 hours to over night for best results. To create ashy golden and strawberry blonde, add 2-3 TBS of Organic Amla Powder per 100g of Organic Cassia Obovata paste before dye release. For extra conditioning and moisture, add 1-2 TBS of Greek Yogurt, coconut milk, Shea butter or oil for every 100g of Organic Cassia Obovata after dye release.
- Please keep in mind that everyone has their own unique hair texture. Herbal treatments can be drying for some, and it is recommended that you add hair oil to your recipe, or deep condition your hair afterwards. We recommend that everyone keep an open mind when using henna and natural herbs on their hair, and use the recipe that works best for you! Please see our magical recipes in product description section.
- Please see product description section to check out our magical recipes using cassia obovata. This is commonly known as neutral henna, but it isn’t henna at all. The leaves contain yellow resin pigment and it is well known for its conditioning and restorative properties.Cassia Obovata is 100% natural and very inexpensive. It conditions the hair and makes it very soft. It takes less time to mix, because you don’t have to wait for the dye to release.
- It can be applied and rinsed out after 30-60 minutes. It does not stain like henna, so gloves are optional during application. Cassia Obovata also provides most of the same wonderful characteristics as henna without depositing noticeable hair color on dark hair.
- This is excellent for those that do not want red hair. It does not loosen the curl pattern in the same manner that henna can. I never had an issue with Cassia straightening my hair. If you dislike protein treatments, it is a good choice for strengthening your hair. It makes the hair feel thicker, smoother, and provides a great sheen.
- The effects of Cassia Obovata are not permanent like they are with henna. It will only last for approximately 2-3 weeks. You will have to continually maintain it in your hair care regimen in order to enjoy the benefits long term. It is quite strengthening to your locks and it will deposit a light yellowish tint on the hair if your strands are grey and this tint goes away after a few hours of application.