Vaseline petroleum jelly is a mixture of mineral oils, paraffin and microcrystalline waxes that, when blended together; create something remarkable – a smooth jelly that has a melting point just above body temperature. The result – it literally melts into skin, flowing into the spaces between cells and the gaps in Vaseline lipid barrier. Once there, it re-solidifies, locking itself in place. Vaseline petroleum jelly serves two functions: first it helps keep the outside world out – it protects skin from the effects of weather and exposure. Second, it acts like a sealant to help keep the inside world in – it forms an occlusive barrier to the natural water loss of our skin. So skin that is dry and chapped is protected from drying elements, enabling skin-softening moisture to build up naturally from within the skin. Petroleum was first found and extracted from something called “rod wax” a waste product that had to be periodically removed from oil rig pumps. The oil rig workers had been using this “rod wax” in a similar way to how Vaseline uses. In 1859 Robert Chesebrough went to the oil fields in Titusville, Pennsylvania and discovered this “rod wax” and saw the high potential it had, he took a sample home and extracted the petroleum jelly which he called Vaseline. Ingredients Petrolatum
- Ideal For Keeping Skin Healthy And Protected From The Elements And Cold Weather.
- Effective Lubricant Emollient For Skin And LIps. Healing & Soothing.
- Effective Hair Conditioner Treatment. A Mixture Of Mineral OIls, Paraffin And Microcrystalline Waxes.
- Vaseline Jelly Heals Dry Skin And Helps To Protect Minor Cuts, Scrapes And Burns. It Also Protects Skin From Wind Burn And Chapping And Reduces The Appearance Of Fine Dry Lines.
- Includes a Kerhoot Beauty & Skin Care Booklet. Set of TWO 250ml Tubs Supplied By Kerhoot